Widow or Widower
At a time when you are grieving from your loss, chances are everyone around you is now an expert on what YOU should do, without truly knowing your financial situation. Encouraging you to make quick decisions – time is of the essence! The best decision may be to do nothing beyond the basics of changing social security and settling debts.
- But how do you know what is best for you?
- Some of your questions might be:
- What are my survivor benefits and options to receive these?
- What should I do with life insurance proceeds
- I don’t want to keep working with my spouse’s advisor. I’ve never been able to relate to them and talk in words I don’t understand. Can I move our accounts?
- How much do I need to live on and where will this money come from?
- What do I need to do to update my estate plan?
To help you get through the fog, you need to find someone who will truly listen to you, even if you don’t know the right questions to ask. Working with a team that will educate you, in words you will understand, about what needs to be done immediately, and what can wait is critical during this difficult time. As trusted advisors to many widows and widowers, we can help bring clarity to your financial situation, and help you make sound financial decisions for the next chapter in your life. Creating and implementing a comprehensive Financial Plan will increase your chances of success.